Each of your daily meals should contain protein (aim for 75g a day), because your baby needs those amino acids to grow strong. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, eggs, peanut butter, omelets with Swiss or Cheddar cheese and dairy-infused smoothies are all solid, tasty options.
What is a good meal plan for a pregnant woman?
A Pregnant Woman Should Include in Their Daily Diet at Least:
- Five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables (including at least one serving of a dark orange vegetable, two servings of dark green leafy vegetables, and one serving of citrus fruit)
- Six servings of enriched, whole-grain breads and cereals.
What should a pregnant woman drink first thing in the morning?
What Should You Drink During Pregnancy?
- Water. Water is the single most important drink you should have throughout your pregnancy. …
- Orange Juice. Orange juice is good to drink while you’re pregnant, but you should only have it when it is pasteurized and fortified with calcium. …
- Tea. …
Which fruits should avoid during pregnancy?
Bad Fruits for Pregnancy
- Pineapple. Pineapples are shown to contain bromelain, which can cause the cervix to soften and result in an early labor if eaten in large quantities. …
- Papaya. Papaya, when ripe, is actually pretty safe for expectant mothers to include in their pregnancy diets. …
Can I take hot showers during pregnancy?
Hopping in a hot shower for a few moments while you’re pregnant will be fine, but be careful not to stay in the steamy water for too long. Raising your body temperature too high and for too long could cause serious neurological defects for your baby.
What can I drink besides water while pregnant?
Healthy Alternatives to Water
- Sparkling water (try squeezing in some fresh citrus fruit for flavor)
- Pasteurized skim milk.
- Pasteurized soy and almond milk (barring any allergies)
- Freshly squeezed or pasteurized juices (juice has a lot of sugar, so drink in moderation)
- Coconut water.
- Herbal iced tea (no caffeine)
Is rice good for pregnancy?
Especially during pregnancy, limit your intake to one small serving (1/4 cup uncooked) of rice per week, and avoid processed rice products such as crackers, cereal, gluten-free baked goods, and rice “milks” — these contain rice from unknown sources and in some cases may be significantly higher in arsenic.
What desserts can I eat when pregnant?
Healthy desserts to eat while pregnant
- Fruit. The easiest, low-key dessert, fruit can be the perfect sweet ending to dinner. …
- Gelato. …
- Fruit pops. …
- Dark chocolate. …
- Yogurt parfaits. …
- Chocolate-covered nuts. …
- Angel food cake.
Is banana good for pregnancy?
Bananas should be on the top of your list and can be eaten throughout the pregnancy. They are rich in carbohydrates and will give you the much-needed energy during this time. Bananas are super healthy for those ladies who suffer from anemia, as it gives a good boost to the haemoglobin levels.
What vegetables should be avoided during pregnancy?
Eating a healthful diet is essential during pregnancy, but there are some foods that pregnant women should avoid altogether.
Raw or undercooked greens and sprouts
- mung beans.